Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Texas and Defiance, Missouri











In 1988 I lived in San Antonio, Texas and some Sunday's we watched polo at one of the oldest polo fields in the country. This polo ranch was so beautiful and I believe it was about 400 acres or so. The club house was grand and made of stone, even the fences that lined the drive were made of stone. I was just eighteen at the time and wanted to ride the ponies so bad. But growing up with a Welsh Pony and then a Tennessee Walker horses are in my blood. But the enjoyment only came from watch the riders work there magic. I've since moved home to Defiance, Missouri the house I grew up in was built by Daniel Boone for his sister over one hundred years ago. The good ole USA is finally catching up with the rest of the world with some history. I had the pleasure of attending the Epworth Children & Family Services and the friends of immigrants benefit match that was held at the Blue Heron Polo Club, 4020 Benne Rd., in Defiance, Missouri. Wow what a show, on what used to be a working farm. The riders were so diligent and concentrated on the game. The horses were just beautiful and defined on the field.
I can't wait to watch another polo match in my home town.
Candy Lauderdale Realtor Missouri USA 1.636.699.9922
http://candyrealtor.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment